Being a dietitian, nutritionist and naturopath for over 15 years, Dina Merhbi has been helping individuals and corporations make simple dietary changes to have a large impact on their performance, health, and quality of life. She is an expert in weight loss management, eating disorders, food intolerances, heart health, and gastrointestinal health.
After completing an undergraduate degree in Dietetics and Human Nutrition and a Minor in Psychology at McGill University, Dina went on to obtain a Certificate in Mental Health from Université de Montréal. This has helped her get a better understanding of the many factors that influence a person’s eating and lifestyle habits, and develop various tools in order to offer a personalized and focused health approach in her practice.
In addition to Dina’s aforementioned qualifications, she is also a certified yoga and prenatal yoga instructor, and an ayurvedic counselor.
Education and training:
- 100-hr Ayurvedic certification (Sivananda Bahamas)
- 60-hr ‘enseignant guérisseur’ certification (Yoga Sangha)
- 50-hr Prenatal yoga certification (Denyse Laurendeau)
- 380-hr Yoga Teacher Training in Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga (Yoga Sangha)
- Entrevue Motivationnelle (PsyMontreal)
- Acte Alimentaire I (Équilibre)
- Certificate in Mental Health (Université de Montréal)
- Certificate in Television and Radio (ProMédia)
- Bachelors degree in Dietetics and Human Nutrition (McGill University)
- Minor in Psychology (McGill University)
Previous and current work experience:
- Lead dietitian at Physimed
- Dietitian at Clinique Psychoalimentaire
- National nutrition coordinator at Pfizer Canada Inc.
- Nutrition consultant at ProHealth Group Inc.
- Lead dietitian atMcGillUniversity’s Student Health Services and Eating Disorder